According to a survey conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit, the 5 biggest obstacles that hold sales teams back are:
- 71% Too much time spend on admin tasks
- 33% Lack of understanding of customer needs
- 28% Not enough information to make decisions
- 23% Poor communication processes
- 20% Wasted time looking for customer information
Spending time on non-sales related activities is the biggest obstacle preventing sales, and yet there are very simple actions we can take to improve our sale teams’ productivity.
Restructure job responsibilities to appoint administration duties to non-sales employees = improved effectiveness.
Provide sales teams with mobile technology (e.g. tablets) for immediate data entry and access to information = improved efficiency.
What obstacles do your sales teams face? How has your company adapted to improve the sales teams’ productivity?